My passion is helping B2B SaaS brands grow faster with content that:
- Ranks incredibly well in Google,
- Engages their target audience, and
- Drives results they can track and measure.
I do this by combining 5 years of hands-on, in-house SEO experience, marketing background with 4 years of copywriting for SaaS companies exclusively.
In short, I help SaaS brands dominate the search results with highly-actionable, engaging, and persuasive content.
And as a result, grow like crazy.
Here’s where I learned about SEO and copywriting:
- I graduated with a Masters in Marketing from the National College of Ireland. I even wrote my Masters dissertation on SaaS marketing.
- For nearly 5 years, I worked as the sole in-house SEO for Staycity Apartments, one of the largest self-catering hotel chains in Europe. I was the company’s first SEO hire, and I was responsible for generating a seven-figure annual revenue from organic search. (Which I did.)
- I started copywriting in 2009, first as a hobby, then as a way to market a software company I ran with a friend of mine back then.
- After we decided to part ways and closed the business, I moved on to work in SEO, where, naturally, I also wrote a lot. In 2014, I decided to focus on writing for SaaS brands entirely. In 2015 I left Staycity Apartments to focus on Smashing Copy full-time.
- Since then, I’ve written copy and content for over 40 SaaS companies, from established brands like Hubspot, Close.io or SEMrush to startups (although many have become established companies since then, like Drift.)
I understand your target audience. And that’s not just because I’ve been communicating with them for so many years already. I also ran a small software company, where my responsibilities included selling and marketing our products.
Sure, we may not have been awfully successful (at least, not as successful as many of my clients are.) But knocking on doors to sell our products have taught me a lot about a typical SaaS and software buyer.
As a result, I know how to engage software buyers. I understand their challenges. And I know how to make your core message relevant to them. Be it a simple blog post or complex long-form content, I can help connect you with the target audience.
I also need a little direction in the process. My marketing, SEO and copywriting experience make it easy for me to decide which stories to tell, what tone to take, and what elements to include in the copy to have it rank well and engage your target audience.
Great! Fill out the form below to book a free consultation with me, and let’s take it from there.
Looking forward to hearing from you,
SaaS content writer and strategist with a flair for SEO