You have just found one.
My name is Pawel Grabowski. I’m an Irish-based SEO consultant and SEO copywriter working with SaaS, software and technology brands exclusively. I hold a Master’s in Marketing (with a dissertation on SaaS.) Before becoming a copywriter, I ran a software company and worked as an in-house SEO specialist for five years.
My passion is helping B2B tech marketers attract more traffic, signups and leads with content that ranks well and grows their brands.
Here’s more information about me, my background and where I learned about copywriting:
- I graduated with a Master’s in Marketing from the National College of Ireland. I even wrote my dissertation on SaaS marketing. In it, I examined how the country of origin effect affects the marketing effectiveness of SaaS companies.
- From 2004 to 2010, with a friend of mine, I ran a software development company called Think Two. My responsibilities included managing the business, as well as marketing and selling our services. On top of that, I also developed on the entire front-end code for our products and any custom software we built for clients. And although I wasn’t involved in developing the back-end, by working in such a small team, I picked up a lot about it too.
- I started copywriting in 2009, first as a hobby, then as a way to market the software company.
- After we closed Think Two, I moved on to work in SEO, where, naturally, I also wrote a lot.
- For nearly 5 years, I worked as the sole in-house SEO specialist for Staycity Apartments, one of the largest self-catering hotel chains in Europe. I was the company’s first SEO hire, and I helped the company generate seven-figure annual revenue from the organic search.
- During my time at Staycity, I continued writing copy and content for technology clients on a side and launched Smashing Copy.
- In 2014, I decided to focus on copywriting for SaaS and tech brands entirely. And a year later, I left Staycity to focus on Smashing Copy full-time.
- Since then, I’ve written copy and content for over 40 tech companies, from established brands like Hubspot, Close.io or SEMrush to startups (although many of them have become renowned brands since then, like Drift.)
Clients compliment on my ability to take ownership of a project and complete it on my own. They value my extensive experience in writing for the tech audience exclusively. Many of them comment on my high-degree of technical knowledge, stating how easy it is for me to understand the benefits of their products.
Also, the majority mention how my hands-on SEO experience reassures them that their content will always help them increase Google rankings.
Most of all, clients love that I deliver copy that produces the results they want. My eBooks and white papers, long-form copy, landing and web pages, blog posts and many other project-types drive traffic, leads, demo requests, and direct sign-ups.